What does “5S” mean?
5S is an abbreviation for:
- Seiri – “Sort”
- Seiton – “Set in Order”
- Seiso – “Shiny Clean”
- Seiketsu – “Standardised Clean-up”
- Shitsuke – “Sustain”
5S is a means of developing a safer, cleaner and more efficient environment for business. It involves five disciplines for maintaining a visual workplace (visual controls and information systems).
5S is also a system for engaging employees and creating a culture where results must enable anyone to take a peek at the workspace and see quickly what is right and what is out of place. In addition, 5S must make doing the work easier.
What are the benefits to your organisation?
The 5S’s when implemented will improve your balance sheet and assist in:
- Reduced set-up times
- Reduced cycle times
- Increased floor space
- Lower safety incident/accident rate
- Less wasted labour
- Better equipment reliability
Course Information & Learning Outcomes
On Completion of the 1 day programme with our Redefine Consultant, each of the delegates will be able to appreciate:
- The five elements explained
- Understand the benefits of working in a safe and efficient environment
- Housekeeping and visual management techniques e.g. signage, colour and location
- Generate a structured programme to eliminate waste
- Design and implement a 5S audit programme to maintain standards
- How to apply it in an operational area
1 day course – participants will bring back key learnings and utilise it in their workplace.
Relevant workplace experience.
Who is this Course For?
This one day 5S workplace organisation course is ideally suited to candidates from all disciplines who are involved in a Lean deployment environment. It is of benefit to service companies and to those working in manufacturing environments.
- 5S - Definitions
- In depth review of the benefits to an organisation
- Creating a culture for change
- The 5 steps to improvement
- Creating a Visual Workplace
- Introduction of a 5S audit process
- How to implement 5S
- Selection of a pilot project
- How to sustain a 5S programme
- 5S Project Implementation & Review
For more information or to book your 5S Workplace Organisation course please call +353 (0)1 254 9389 or use the button below to get in touch with us.Click Here To Contact Us